The Best Prime Day 2020 Deals (so Far) Amazon loves rolling out early Prime Day deals and teasing exclusive offers to get Prime members excited to shop. Below are the offers we know of so far. Also, something new this year is that Amazon is offering a special discount for shopping with small businesses.
Early Prime Day deals
- Get two third-generation Echo Dots for $39.98 (regularly $49.99 each).
- Get a Fire TV Recast for $129.99 (regularly $229.99).
- Shop early fashion deals, and get up to 40% off Amazon-brand clothing lines, up to 30% off Vineyard Vines apparel for men and up to 15% off select fall fashion from Shopbop.
- Save up to 30% on smart lights, robot vacuums and other smart home products.
- Get 40% off Wag brand pet supplies through October 14.
- Get 20% off groceries, snacks, coffee, vitamins/supplements and beauty products from Amazon’s in-house brands through October 14.
- Get 20% off Mama Bear-brand diapers through October 14.
- Enjoy up to 20% off snacks, drinks and more.
Amazon also incentivizes early shopping by rewarding people who make certain purchases. For 2020 Prime Day, below are the current offers.
- Small-business rewards: New this year is that Prime members who spend $10 on small business purchases from September 28 through October 12 will get $10 to spend on Prime Day. Learn more.
- Whole Foods discount: Spend $10 at a Whole Foods store between September 28 through October 12 to get $10 to spend on Prime Day.
- Amazon Books shoppers discount: Spend $10 at an Amazon Books now through Prime Day, and you’ll get $10 to spend during Prime Day.
Alexa-Only Prime Day 2020 Deals
Alexa owners get their own exclusive deals and early access to Prime Day offers. Just say, “Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?”
Bonus: New Prime members who sign up for Prime using an Echo device will get a $5 Amazon credit. Say, “Alexa, sign me up for Prime,” to score this deal.
In-store Prime Day 2020 Deals
This year, Prime members who shop at physical Whole Foods, Amazon Books, Amazon 4-Star and the new Amazon Fresh grocery stores will get exclusive Prime Day deals.
Amazon Music Prime Day Deals
During Prime Day, you can sign up to get Amazon Music Unlimited for 99 cents for four months. This regularly costs $7.99 per month for Prime Members and $9.99 per month for non-Prime members.
Amazon Kindle Unlimited Prime Day deals
New Kindle Unlimited subscribers get 50% off a six-month membership.
Audible Prime Day deals
Starting September 28, get $50 off Audible’s annual plan.
Prime Day Grocery Deals
This Prime Day, first-time Amazon Fresh users get $15 off grocery orders over $50.
What Other Prime Day Deals Do We Expect?
Predicting Prime Day deals isn’t an easy task, but we can safely assume that Amazon will slash prices on its own devices and brands, such as Echo, Alexa, Kindles, Fire tablets, Amazon Newsstand and Prime Video Channels. We also wouldn’t be surprised to see sales on the Cloud Cam and Blink.
Also, given the delay in Prime Day and need to break through an expected cluttered sales season in October, Amazon might launch brand-new products. TBD!
Fun fact(s): According to Amazon, the most-purchased items on 2019 Prime Day were the Instant Pot DUO60, the 23andMe DNA Test Kit, Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips Kits and LifeStraw personal water filters.
Certain categories consistently see discounts during Prime Day. So with that in mind, below are the items we’re placing bargain bets on:
- Smart home devices and lighting (especially Roomba vacuums, Echo devices and anything that pairs with Alexa)
- TVs and laptops
- Hand tools and appliances
- Household essentials (trash bags, coffee, dishwasher detergent, batteries)
- Fashion (both from Amazon’s own brands but also FRYE, Under Armour, J.Crew and Crocs)
- Magazines from Amazon Newsstand
- Pet products
What are you looking forward to getting on Amazon’s Prime Day?