September is National Preparedness Month Children are the most vulnerable in emergency situations. That’s why Save the Children encourages everyone to act to better protect kids BEFORE disaster strikes.
- Prep Step #1 = Make ICE cards for kids.
- Prep Step #2 = Make an emergency plan and practice as a family. Here’s a checklist & tips.
- Prep Step #3 = Make an emergency plan and practice as a family.
Did you know:
- Every day, 69 million U.S. children are separated from their families while they are at school or child care.
- After Hurricane Katrina there were more than 5,000 reports of missing children. It took 7 months to reunite the last child with her family.
Save the Children also created a fun song and dance called “The Prep Step” to help kids learn the 3 important prep steps every family should take. Check it out!