Before you throw out those yucky looking bananas into the trash, you can make some of the best banana bread you ever had, so you can thank me later! This recipe is quick and easy! This is the go to yummy treat our mom always made for us while growing up. It’s best when it’s fresh and you put some butter on top, it will seriously melt in your mouth because it’s so moist.
I have a bad habit of getting bananas and then forgetting that I bought them. Then just let them sit around until they get all brown and yucky looking. When most people throw them away, ripe bananas are the best kind for banana bread. This recipe is pretty simple – some people add other items like nuts, fillings or whatnot, but we like to keep it nice and simple. The recipe below can be split into two loaf pans, we used 8×5 pans.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 bananas
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix 1 cup sugar and 1 stick soften butter together until well blended.
- Add eggs in one at a time and beat them in.
- Add a half teaspoon of vanilla.
- In separate bowl, place 1/2 cups of flour, half a teaspoon of salt, teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add four bananas to the sugar and butter.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- All everything to a greased loaf pan.
- Put in oven for 350 degrees for 1 hour.
When we make banana bread in this house, we have to make a few loafs, there’s no way it last more than a day, that’s how much of a hit it is. Now excuse me while I go grab another slice of banana bread before it’s all gone.
Save This Banana Bread Recipe – Pin It on Pinterest!