Are you a fan of Harry Potter? If so, then you know what butterbeer is! Butterbeer happens to be one of my favorite boozy drinks to have with friends. But, don’t worry you don’t have to use alcohol, it taste just as good without or to make it kid-friendly. It’s been a dream of mine to go to the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, to enjoy all the sights, great food and drinks, but until then making my own butterbeer will do.
This past weekend, my friends and I went to to a Wizard Rock concert for the Yule Ball 2017 in Washington DC. If you’re asking yourself, what is wizard rock, it’s basically music centered around Harry Potter. Leading bands in this genre include Harry and the Potters and Draco and the Malfoys.
You can either go to your local store and grab all of these ingredients or you can order most of these (minus the alcohol) from Amazon, I linked to the same products below. You don’t have to add the condensed milk, it’s fine with just the flavor and the cream soda, it’s up to you honestly.
- butterscotch schnapps
- cream soda
- caramel extract
- butter extract
- butterscotch topping syrup
- butterscotch syrup
- jumbo beer mug
- sweetened condensed milk
- whipped cream
- lighting sprinkles
- Mix 1/4 tsp caramel extract, 1/4 tsp butter extract, butterscotch syrup (liquid) and/or butterscotch schnapps in a bowl first. (If you want kid friendly, I suggest not adding the schnapps, lol.)
- Take the butterscotch topping syrup and drizzle it around the inside of the cup, to make it look pretty.
- Pour in the mixture from step 1 into the cup, roughly a quarter of the cup.
- Fill the glass with 6 oz of cream soda.
- Top it with whipped cream & top it with butterscotch topping syrup.
It’s really a simple drink to make when you think about it. If you’re adding alcohol to it, its the type of drink, when you’re drinking it, you don’t know you’re drunk until it’s already too late.
Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Have you ever had Butterbeer?
Hey! I’m Natalie and I live in North Carolina. I’m a single mama of four awesome kiddos. These are my thoughts on life, motherhood, fitness and everything in between.